Friday, July 9, 2021

Damn you, morality!!!!! 07.10.2021

 J
I’ve basically decided that arguing with anyone these days is a complete waste of energy. Everyone has their minds made up already. 


ME

Lolol. It’s so true. But then I think about me. 


ME

And I’m like


ME

Yo. I changed my mind. 


ME

Or…ACTUALLY


ME

I think of it as I’m living my authentic self. I feel like I’m the same kid I was when I was 5. Like. Before all the hurt and confusion of the world got to me. 


ME

Like wow. Humans have free will and we aren’t being moved around by a giant puppeteer?? 


J

My only qualm with the idea of living as a full authentic self is that authentic self can have problems too. Like I wanted to kill my landlord today but I know I shouldn’t. 


ME

Hahahahahaha


ME

Damn you, morality!!!!!


ME

I’m only suffering every day because I believed that if I didn’t suffer constantly and agonize over my sins that I would live in the firey pits of hell forever? 


When do you think Christians are going to realize that they’ve just been being selfish by sitting in church and sucking up weird endorphins during the fancy worship and then going home and hating everyone after? And they’ve been selfish because ultimately we (not me presently) only care about saving ourselves from Hell…instead of, I don’t know, just enjoying our lives on earth? And not simplifying the experience as just a prelude to eternity and using that line of thinking to (unsuccessfully) pacify any kind of painful emotion.  Like imagine how great the world would be if we actually just loved and helped one another like Jesus said. And not used an ancient script to help us come to terms with the fact that we are turd humans and since we are, we are going to use this magical textbook to justify why we can be turds. 


J

But we have to pluck words and read them in plain English even though the magical textbook was written for an entirely different context in an entirely different language. But it says women should be silent in church so it’s a sin if you speak up


J

But we’re cool with ignoring the weird stuff from Leviticus


ME 

I think I read a passage once that said when a woman gets her period she needs to sit outside 


ME

Ok. But can we do that like at a spa? Outdoor spa?


J

It’s real! 


J

And if a dude has a wet dream he has to go out and bury it or something


J

But we read some stuff from the New Testament as it’s supposed to be directly applied to 2021 America


J

And then hit people upside the head with it and make them feel guilt for things they might not need to feel guilty about


ME

And I also remember feeling so guilty for never getting through the lineage chapters in the Bible 


ME

And always feeling so confused when people like got excited about reading the same book every day. 


ME

I can’t even watch the same movie twice. 


J

I’m not fully deconstructing (maybe decon light) but I think it see the Bible as the story of Jesus and people who read it daily are experiencing God through it


ME

Oh I’m with you on that. 


ME

I love Jesus 


ME

Like I really do. 


ME

Because he was human. And he loved people really hard and wide out in the open. And he never changed who he was even when he got shit on over and over. 


ME

That’s the kind of love I want to emulate. 


J

Preach


J

Not the “let’s storm the capital to and push our religion on everyone else by making some weird Christian nation” type of love

No comments:

Post a Comment