Monday, February 3, 2014

Not Your Average Testimony 02.03.14


I'll start by saying that it has taken me some time to come up with the courage to begin writing this.

There are few people I have ever shared my full testimony with.  

I could give you the short version: My parents divorced when I was 3 years old, I lived a really confused life, and then I met Jesus (I mean, really met him...not just experienced parts of him).  But that's not what I'm writing this blog for.

This is going to be my raw, uncut, unfiltered, extremely vulnerable story.  My struggles, sins, and victories from age 3 to now. From Scarlet To Snow.


It’s terrifying. Honestly, my hands sweat just thinking about making myself so vulnerable. But, I feel like I’m at a place in my life where I’m ready. It will probably be emotional, there are some things in my life I have not combed through in quite a while. However, there absolutely is someone out there that will benefit from hearing about the hurt that I have gone through and the triumph and victory I have experienced through Jesus Christ.

Which brings me to my next point... this is NOT for my own benefit. This is all for His glory. While I believe Jesus brings us through hard stuff for our own edification, he also does this so that we can bless the people around us. "When God's promises to you are fulfilled, the promises of other's will be manifested through you." -Jim Wiegand

I'll warn you, this story is dramatic. It's not for the lighthearted.  Jesus dealt with some really heavy sins (and he's still dealing with them, because I'll never be perfect...). But, it's my favorite love story. 

Jesus settled all my heartache, Jesus settled all that pain and hurt, he settled all of it.  2000 and some years ago he said, "I know Shelby Suzanne. I know her blue/green eyes with the little freckle and I know her passionate heart.  I know what she's going to go through.  I know she's going to hurt bad. She's going to struggle and flounder and cry.  But eventually she will turn to me and love me.  And when she does, I'm going to pick her up and hold her close and say it's ok and forgive her.  So, I'm gonna die for her today."

Yeah, it's pretty cool. He did that for you, too. He thought about you, too. 

So, all this to say...welcome to my story, or rather, His story. I have a lot to cover, but I promise there's a great beginning at the end. 

Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment